West Yorkshire BD9 4NS
Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 5pm Sunday 1pm - 5pm Closed: Mondays (except Bank Holidays), Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Christmas Bank Holidays & New Years Day
Cartwright Hall is Bradford's civic art gallery and offers an exciting programme of contemporary exhibitions, with four permanent galleries displaying works from our art collections. The collections consist mainly of 19th and 20th century British art, with strong collections of international contemporary prints and contemporary South Asian arts and crafts.
Telephone 01274 431216
Fax 01274 481045
See this museum on a map
The Education Team at Cartwright Hall offers support to visitors and aim to make their gallery visit an enjoyable learning experience. Working in collaboration with local, national and international artists, and a variety of partners, they plan and deliver numerous events for visitors. These include creative projects, open holiday workshops, special events, activity days, formal school and college workshops and also school INSET.
For groups wishing to pre-book their visit the staff provide gallery introductions and will lead a selection of practical workshops linked to both the temporary and permanent exhibitions.
Teachers following QCA schemes of work may be interested in using or adapting the curriculum focussed sessions such as:
- Self – Portraits (suitable for KS1)
- What is Sculpture (suitable for KS1)
- Investigating Pattern (suitable for KS1/2)
- Journeys (suitable for KS2)
- Objects & Meanings (suitable for KS2)
- ArtIMP Trolley using key works of Art linked to literacy & ICT (suitable for KS 2)
- Printmaking Workshops (suitable for KS1,2 & 3)
- Looking at Works of Art (suitable for KS3, KS4, A & AS level)